Saturday, December 3, 2011

Happy holidays and happy new year!

What a busy year!

8 classes (animal chiropractic over 12 days, massage class, advanced acupuncture training, spinal manipulation, pain management , orthotics and prosthesis), one examination for the veterinary pain practitioner certificate (14 books, 5 articles),  2 major conferences, couple of online classes.  Did I mention the dog fitness class I gave too? Add to this the once monthly Southern California Veterinary Medical Association chapter meeting where I am the secretary. And of course I had to work! I think I have earned my week's vacation around Christmas.

I met a ton of new patients this year and the physical rehabilitation aspect of the practice is growing rapidly. The knowledge gained by getting my CVPP (Certified Veterinary Pain Practitioner) has helped me  get several patients even more comfortable.  Doing housecalls is such a nice way to treat dogs and cats and I enjoy every minute of it; yes, I love my job! With the knowledge I have accumulated over the last 6 years, I have even more tools in my box to help mobility issues in pets.

What will next year look like? Write my 2 case reports to complete my CVPP, finish the animal chiropractic classes, the NAVC conference in January, followed by a trigger point therapy course in February, then an advanced work shop on physical rehabilitation in May. And I will also be the new president for the Saddleback Capo Valley chapter of the SCVMA.

A big thank you to my clients which have followed me over the years, this would not be possible without you. Each pet I meet is special in their own way.
Happy holidays and happy new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment